Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Our uncle Kerry is the COOLEST!!

This past Sunday Uncle Kerry came to visit us from Rock Hill. I don't think I can express to you how excited the kids were. In the middle of church Riley turned to me and said, "When is it 2:30"? (This is the time he said he was going to be here). I told her it would be a while. After church we had to stop at the store to get some lunch and she went with me and inside the store again, "when is it 2:30"? Me: "It will be after we eat lunch and after JoJo goes to bed". Riley: "OK, but I want 2:30 to get here soon because Uncle Kerry is coming". She LOVES her uncle Kerry. So, while we were eating lunch he called and said he was running late and would not get there until about 5:00pm. She didn't care (surprisingly)...she just wants him to be there. I think she was just excited that he called.
Unfortunately I was not there when he got there (I had a meeting at church) but once I got home they were showing me all the things he brought them. Joel and Jesse got a Parachute Man that you throw up in the air and the parachute opens up and comes down slowly. Very cool toy- they even took it to the pool yesterday. Riley got bubbles which she immediately had to show me how they worked. And JoJo got a squeaky rubber ducky- which he also loves and so does Nelie:)
After dinner, Joel wanted to show him his "ugly stick" (his fishing rod). Well, what made things even better was that uncle Kerry has the SAME "ugly stick". WOW, that is awesome. So they had to show off their "ugly sticks" and try to catch some fish in our little pond. Poor Joel, he still has not caught one fish. But has not given up! Uncle Kerry did tell him that he really wants to take him fishing sometime at a "real" fishing spot. So hopefully they can do that soon.

Jesse being his "silly old self". Don't you love that face?
Poor JoJo, he was out there for 5 minutes and the mosquito's got him all over.
He is like his mommy. So daddy took him in. Poor kid:(
"THANKS UNCLE KERRY, FOR COMING TO VISIT. WE LOVE YOU"!!!
These two pictures were taken last night in the front yard. Terry wanted me to put him in the grass like that. I guess this is the ONLY piece of grass that is actually very luscious. And when we put him down in the grass he kind of just "sunk" down. Pretty cool:)
This picture I just took for fun. I just love the way it looks with all four of their heads like that. I just wish Josiah would have looked at the camera. Oh well, I'll have to try again soon.
Poor Riley woke up this morning around 5:45am and came to me saying she was not feeling good and felt like she was going to throw up. The "loving" mommy I am, was about to shue her back to bed because it was just too early but Terry got up and got the famouse bucket. And right when she got it she got sick. (OK, I felt bad). She did this about 4 or 5 more times and then she was done. We actually had plans to go see some friends that I have not seen in a long time and I had to cancel. I was really looking forward to this but we needed to stay home. She is fine now. I don't know what it was but just hope the others won't get it. Hey, next week Terry is off so maybe I can go visit my friends with no kids. That would be nice and relaxing:)

No comments: