Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Spring Break...Day 1!


Monday was the first "official day" of Spring Break for the kids. We (I) didn't just want to stay at home and lay around. So I have been trying very hard to come up with some things for us all to do but doesn't cost us (much) money. So for the first day we decided to go to pick strawberries. When Josiah and I went strawberry picking a few weeks ago, all the kids were pretty dissapointed that they didn't get to go (even though Jesse is the ONLY one that eats strawberries). So we loaded up the van at 9am and drove to Gilbert to pick strawberries.
As you can tell from the picture below, there are fields and fields full of strawberries.


And these strawberries are not small like this one...


They have LOTS of big ones too:)




Jesse was SO excited to be there:) He LOVES strawberries!!!



Look at that smile:)




Our pickings:)
As you can tell, we have LOTS of strawberries. We are almost done with the first bucket (remember, Jesse and I are the ONLY ones that eat them). I think I am going to try to make some strawberry jam with the other bucket. Those always make WONDERFUL  teacher gifts.

I think the kids had a wonderful day. On our way home from picking strawberries, we stopped at one of our local parks, Gibson Pond Park. We first just sat on a little bench for a few minutes and just enjoyed the crisp spring weather and God's beautiful creation.

There is a waterfall at this park and the kids love to go there and just walk around the rocks and get all wet.



So we all took our shoes off and got wet:)



Josiah especially had fun in the water. He thought it was so cool to get wet.


I have to say, this is one of my favorite pictures I took. Just Riley and Jesse enjoying themselves.You can just tell on their faces that they are having fun.


Beauties:)

I have to say, I had fun:) Joel and I were sitting on one of the rocks just watching them and he said, "Thanks mom, this is the best Spring Break". I love it when they are happy, even when its something so easy and basic!
Who needs Disney World?!?!

So stay tuned to the rest of our spring break:) Lots of fun plans ahead of us!!!

No comments: