Thursday, January 10, 2008

A day in the life...

Life at the Rogers house has become pretty boring. I guess we have settled into the new year and back into our routine. Joel and Riley are back in school and Jesse is getting used to having to play by himself again- although I don't think minds.

Riley has had a pretty big week this week at school. She was the "Student Of The Week". Although I don't really know what that means. I keep asking her what kind of "special" things she did today at school for being the student of the week and she tells me "nothing mommy". I am sure she gets to do special things she just won't tell me or can't remember. She did bring pictures to school to share with her class. She brought some pictures of herself when she was a baby, and a toddler. Also pictures of her when she was wearing her casts and then of course we had to bring a picture of Opa and Oma and the cousins and a picture of her friend (and neighbor) Lilli. She was so excited on Monday to go to school- I am the Student of the week mommy!!! I guess it is a pretty big milestone for a 4 year old.

I had a nice night tonight, my friend Merry and I had a "girls night out". It was a lot of fun, this is the only time we get to go to Monterey's. Both our husbands are not too crazy for Mexican food,so pretty much every time we go out together this is where we eat. So, to show you how exciting our lives are, after dinner we went to Wal-mart to pick up some milk and coffee. You know you don't have much of an exciting life, when you are strolling the aisles of Walmart on a "girls night out". Merry actually picked up a key lime pie and invited me over for some dessert at her house. We had fun, it was nice catching up with her. I consider her a very dear friend and I always have fun with her-even if we do spend it at Wal-Mart.


No comments: