Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A Crazy Weekend coming up!

I don't know if many of you know, but a few months ago we got a new van (well, it is a used van, but it is new to us.) It is almost exactly the same as the one we had before except this one has a DVD player in it. The kids love this although we really only use it when we go on long trips. I really don't want to get into the habit of watching a movie when we running to Wal-mart. But it is nice when we are driving down to Carolien's or something like that since that is about a nine hour drive. Well anyway, instead of trading our old van in, Terry decided to try to sell it on our own. Well, that really has not worked that well. We have had a few phone calls but nobody has really been that interested. I was getting a bit worried about it but then my sister Carolien called me last week and asked if we still had our van. Their van had broken down and were looking to buy a new van. So... Terry & Rich have been talking and guess what they bought our van. That is kind of neat I think. Anyway, in order for them to get it we have to drive it over there. So we are planning to leave here around 1pm on Friday and then come back sometime on Sunday-probably around 7pm or so. It is going to be so nice being over there but really we only have one whole day. We will probably get there around 9pm or so on Friday and then we will have the entire day on Saturday and we will have to leave early on Sunday. I wish we could stay longer but with Joel and Riley being in school that is not possible. Hopefully we will be able to go back soon.

The kids are so excited about going. Jesse is especially excited about it. He wants to play with Matthew so bad. He asks me every day if today is the day we are leaving for Christopher & Emmy's house. I think it is going to be tough on Sunday when we have to leave, but we will see. He might surprise me.

Please pray that our trip will be a good one, especially since I am going to have to drive our van. I am usually able to feed Josiah while Terry drives. But since I will be driving, I am hoping that maybe Joel will be able to do that. We will see. I have to say, he is very helpfull.

Well, if I want to leave on time on Friday I better get started with laundry. Thank you for checking our blog. Please don't forget to leave a message after you read it. It is nice to know that people are actually reading this and I am not just doing this for myself. Let me know what you think of it. I have to say, I am enjoying this. It is a lot of fun and I am really getting in to it. Maybe even too much. Have a great week.

1 comment:

Mari said...

Hey, Hope your trip went well....still miss you guys!!!!