Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Happy Birthday, Jesse!!!

7 years ago, our life changed for the good:)




I remember it was a rainy and stormy day. I started having contractions late afternoon, but I was in denial. I was not ready for you to come yet. The main reason was because Opa and Oma were taking a trip to Atlanta to get their passports and then they were going to Alabama to celebrate Matthew's 1st birthday. I remember Opa kept asking me if he needed to stay home but I told him it was fine, I was NOT going into labor while there were gone. BUT, God had a different plan. Terry had come home and went straight to bed after dinner because he already "KNEW" you were coming, but remember...I was in denial. So I finally went to bed around 10 pm and at 10:30pm I had a REALLY bad contraction. It finally hit me that we probably had to go to the hospital. So I called my neighbor and Mr. James came over and slept on the couch to be with Joel and Riley. We finally got to the hospital at 11pm and the nurses "watched" my contractions for about 20 minutes and she finally decided to check me at 11:30 and I was 8-9 cm. So that is when it got to be CRAZY!!!! They immediately took me to the delivery room while I was in SO much pain. They did try to give me an eppidural and it worked for a little bit but then once my water broke it hurt like CRAZY!!!!.Jesse was born at 1:45am with the cord around his neck twice. It was very scary because the moment you came out they moved you to a different table and worked on you. It took him an entire minute for to start crying.  I was very scary for the both of us. They ended up putting him in the incubator and wheeled him to the nursery. I didn't get to hold him until about 9am that morning. But after all that, he was a very healthy baby. We could take him home on time.
And look at you now, you finished 1st grade and ready to start 2nd. You are so funny and love to laugh and make jokes. You are an awesome little brother and BIG brother. And you LOVE to snuggle and for people to tickle your feet. You don't care what people think and love to be silly (look at the picture below-Tacky day at school)
I thank God for giving us our Jester:) I love you and I hope you have a wonderful birthday.


 

No comments: