Friday, September 11, 2009

Homework has officially started!

So many of you know about the summer reading program our school district has done for the past two years now. it is called "No book left unread" and you are to keep up with how many pages you read through out the summer. Well, many of you know that Joel is just a little competative. So this is a perfect program for him. Last year he ready about 3000 pages (I think) and he really wanted to beat that. So this year (Drum Roll, Please)...he read 10,226 pages.

Many times this summer I would find Joel in his bed like this.Then on Tuesday Jesse brought some papers home and I noticed he had written some numbers backwards so since he asks every day if he has home work, I decided to go ahead and make him some homework. I wrote the numbers he had messed up on our white board and made him write them. He loved it (as you can tell from his face). We had to keep it on the board until daddy got home that night. Now Riley had her first 1st grade project due today. We pretty much had all week to work on it. She had to make a time line of something important in her life. So we made a time line of our family. We started with mommy & daddy getting married then Joel born, Riley born, Jesse born, Josiah born and finally Nellie born. Can I tell you, she had so much fun.And I have to say, I did too. Terry and I both herlped her. He did the outline of the timeline and I got to help her with the fun part-the crafty part:) We pulled out my Cricut and she made all the people in our family with it. She did so good! I could tell she loved every minute of it. And the thing she was most excited about, she got to stay up late one night to work on it. She picked out the people's outfits and glued them on. Lilli let her borrow her glitter glue so she got to "fancy up" my wedding dress and her dress. She also wrote all the names and dates on the time line herself. She did an awsome job. We both had a lot of fun:)

3 comments:

Billie said...

I am so glad someone love's to do their homework. It hasn't been like that for us in a long time. I think Andre is just burned out by the time he gets home. Congrats on a great job kids I am very proud of you. Jesse, Tara still is talking about you wink wink lol.....

Jessica said...

you must be so proud. what a blessing to have children who find satisfaction in a "job well done."

Justin & Raluca said...

As a teacher, I am delighted to see kids work hard and want to do well. I guess Josiah is the only one who just gets to play!