Thursday, May 22, 2008

Just in case...

You are interested, here is a link to the official Steven Curtis Chapman website. http://www.stevencurtischapman.com/

There is also a place there where you can express your condolences and meet little Maria.
http://chapmanchannel.typepad.com/inmemoryofmaria/
They have posted a little video of SCC with her and she is beautiful. My heart goes out to this family and can't immagine what they are going through and what their son will have to deal with for the rest of his life. I was listening to WMHK this morning and they actually played an interview they did with him a few weeks ago and he was explaining about his new song "Cinderella". He said it usually takes him a couple of days to write that song but for some reason it only took him one hour to write this song. WOW, I truely believe He put those words in his heart. It makes me sad just reading them. You decide:


Cinderella
She spins and she sways to whatever song plays,
Without a care in the world.
And I'm sittin' here wearin' the weight of the world on my shoulders.
It's been a long day and there's still work to do,
She's pulling at me saying "Dad I need you!
There's a ball at the castle and I've been invited
and I need to practice my dancin'"
"Oh please, daddy, please!"

So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh I will dance with Cinderella
I don't wanna miss even one song, Cuz all to soon
the clock will strike midnight And she'll be gone

She says he's a nice guy and I'd be impressed
She wants to know if I'd approve of a dress
She says "Dad, the prom is just one week away,
And I need to practice my dancin'"
"Oh please, daddy, please!"

So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Ohh-oh ohh-oh, I will dance with Cinderella
I don't wanna miss even one song, Cuz all to soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone
She will be gone.

Well, she came home today
With a ring on her hand
Just glowin' and tellin' us all they had planned
She says "Dad, the wedding's due six months away
And I need to practice my dancin'"
"Oh please, daddy please!"

So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knewOhh-oh
ohh-oh, I will dance with Cinderella
I don't wanna miss even one song, (even one song) Cuz all to soon the clock will strike midnight And she'll be gone

No comments: