Saturday, September 3, 2011

Pirate Birthday Party

In honor of the USC win over the Eastern Carolina Pirates, I thought I would post pictures of a pirate birthday party we were invited to. Enjoy:)

This summer, my friend Angie had a Pirate party for her son Walter. I wanted to blog about it, but honestly totally forgot about it. So...3 months later, here I am blogging-while the husband and oldest son are watching the football game.

I have to say, Angie went ALL out. I think it took her about 3 months to make everything. I think this was probably one of the BEST parties I have ever been too. She went all out.

Since it was a costume party, I figured I needed to make Josiah a little pirate shirt. We had the pants (thanks to Angie and our weekly playdates at her house). I am happy with how it came out. (although not so much after I washed it...but hey, it worked for the party).


 Riley and Jesse didn't want to be left out. So, Jesse borrowed Joel's pirate shirt and Riley wore her bandana. I think she thought it was a "BOY" party so she didn't really want to go all out. But once we got there she really got into it, I think:)

Mike and Angie also got all dressed up. Mike went the extra mile and even wore earings:) He did a great job handing out "loot" to the kids. As you can tell from the pictures, the kids had so much fun. Even the older "kids".



Hanna, the pirate.


"Captain Blue-beard" and his prisoner.

"AAARRRGGG"!!!!

The cake and cupcakes were AWESOME!!! I have never seen a cake like this (in person) before. I loved it!! She used  her cricut for a lot of her decorations. The cricut is awesome:)



These little guys were made from candy melts. AWESOME!!!!


The bottle invitation.

Pirate ships made out of milk cartons.

Singing "Happy Birthday" to the birthday boy!!!


Present Time!!! Walter's grandfather made the "treasure chest" for his birthday. AWESOME!!!!


It is SO hard for kids to sit down and "watch" the birthday boy to open all the presents. They ALL wanted to open them:)


"Which way is north"???


Angie, you AMAZE me!!! You did an awesome job. And can't WAIT to see what you are going to be doing for Walter's 5th birthday!!! 

If you are impressed with Angie's work, and you live in this area and you are interested in "hiring" Angie to decorate your next birthday party. I think she might be interested:)

1 comment:

Brantley said...

What a neat idea for a party -- that cake is awesome! And I love all the costumes! Angie did a really great job! Fun!!