Thursday, May 24, 2012

BAAAABY Shower

Last week, my friends Rebecca, Starr and I had a baby shower for our friend Sara. We had so much fun getting ready for it.  This is Sara's 4th baby and since they don't know what they are having we decided to go with a "neutral color" baby shower. We thought a lamb theme would be cute. So I decided to google "Lamb Baby Shower Ideas" and found this. This is actually a 1st birthday party but we made it a baby shower. Rebecca made all of the table decorations; the invitations (50+) and the sheep frame. She did such a good job with all of it. I have to say, it was a LOT of work but I had so much fun doing it.



This is the gift table. We were collecting gift cards/money. So I made a container with the sheep theme on it for people to put their cards in. I also made the diaper cake.




We decided to go with the color theme for the food too. So we had some REALLY nice people that offered to make the food for the shower.



For drink table we had water, ice tea and coffee. 

Here is a close-up of the banner that I made to hang up over the food table.



This is the cake that my friend Starr got made by a friend of hers. I love the way it came out. And let me tell you, it was GOOD!!! Now I want to get me a "cricut cake machine" so I can make fancy cakes like this one:)



 Let me tell you about these little "apple shooters"... They were awesome. Our friend Leslie offered to make these. And they were SO good. And I love the display she had too. It all just fit together.

Here are the popcorn cones Rebecca and I made. We popped the caramel popcorn right before the party and I just love the way it came out. And the little picket fence....isn't it cute??? Rebecca's dad made it for us. (Rebecca, tell your dad that the check is in the mail...hopefully its not lost).


Sara's daughter, Abby got to come and celebrate at the baby shower. She was so proud to be there (since her two brothers were at home with dad). I think she had a good time. I told her that she could have the little sheep from the cake...although I wasn't sure how it would taste. (I personally don't enjoy fondant that much)...and I don't think she did either. Oh well, the cake was beautiful:)




 Here is mom to be with Abby. I am so happy for this family. They have gone through a lot the past few years and God is blessing them with another baby. God is GOOD!!! Congratulations, Sara. I am so glad Rebecca, Starr and I got to do this for you. Please know that you and your family are in our prayers. And I can't wait to meet the new "BAARENDSE" baby:)

Rebecca, Starr and myself with the table decorations. I can't believe I did not get a close up of the beautiful flowers!!!! I'm going to have to learn how to make these!!!
Thanks Rebecca for making all these flowers.  You did an awesome job. We should start our own "baby shower" business. Just think of all the sheep we can make????

You ladies are the best. I had so much fun doing this with you guys. Thanks for letting me help. Now, to our next baby shower!!!!

2 comments:

Justin & Raluca said...

You did a beautiful job, as always, so creative! I wish I could have been there. Give Sara my love:)

Unknown said...

This lamb theme is one of the wonderful themes as the light color looks so cool for baby shower.Your arrangements are very well.You all done a great job by organizing this baby shower.Winnie the Pooh Baby Shower