Saturday, September 11, 2010

REMEMBERING!!


Although I am not an American citizen and I have only been to NY once (and don't remember too much from that trip) I do believe it is important to remember this day. In some ways its seems like yesterday and in other ways it seems like forever. I know people will look back on this day and remember where they were when the attacks happen. I remember I was driving to church because I was working in the nursery that morning for a bible study that was going on. We were listening on the radio getting the latest updates. Joel was only about 21 months old so he had no idea what was happening. Now 9 years later, he is in 5th grade, helping with the school radio station and he has to do a report on the 9/11 attacks. Thats pretty interesting I think. If you want to listen to any of the past shows they have done on their radio station, click on this link: http://web.me.com/johnpaulsellars/Mr._Sellars_Class_Website/Kool_Kidz_and_a_Radio_Show/Kool_Kidz_and_a_Radio_Show.html
I think he said he is still working on the 9/11 piece but I would think it will be up pretty soon. Don't be suprised if you don't hear Joel too much on this show because he is one of the "producers and writers". So he does a lot of the "back ground" work. But he is loving it:)

I came across this blog last night and it has some amazing pictures. I would love to go there sometime with my kids and show them. http://thriftydecorchick.blogspot.com/2010/09/remember.html Who knows, maybe one day!!

No comments: